Does MOULD make you nervous? Some helpful tips...

There are many hidden sources of moisture in your home that can lead to serious problems, such as mould. To keep moisture levels in check consider these tips:


-Bathrooms are an obvious source of moisture build up.  Contractor and TV personality Mike Holmes recommends keeping the fan going for at least half and hour after a shower.


-Check regularly for water infiltration around window and door sills, as well as other intakes into the home such as dryer vents and cable wiring.


-Determine the humidity level in your home.  According to the Environmental Protection Agency, it should be 30%-60%. (keep in mind that humidity may vary greatly from room to room)


-Regularly inspect caulking around sinks, tubs and showers.  Even a tiny break can cause water to leak gradually into the wall or floor, causing damage you may not notice for months.


-Clean up wet spills as soon as possible.  On hardwood floors especially, water can seep through and become trapped.


-Repair leaking faucets, toilets and pipes immediately.  A drip can quickly become a shower.


Being mindful of moisture today can help you avoid potentially high repair bills later on.


Image result for mould in a home  Image result for mould in a homeImage result for mould in a home





No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.